[Catalog-sig] Does package_releases() always return all version numbers?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Oct 2 21:15:56 CEST 2008

> Great news, thanks! Is there a way to find this out by inspecting
> web pages, APIs, or anything else?

It's possible by inspecting the code; in the specific case, in

https://svn.python.org/packages/trunk/pypi/rpc.py

> The only documentation I found
> is listed here (and this does not mention the second parameter):
>
>   http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyPiXmlRpc

If you compare the code and the wiki page, please feel free to make
any necessary corrections to the wiki.

> And the method does not contain a docstring, unfortunately:
>
>   >>> import xmlrpclib
>   >>> serverUrl = "http://pypi.python.org/pypi"
>   >>> server = xmlrpclib.Server(serverUrl)
>   >>> print server.package_releases.__doc__
>   None

Hmm. I don't think XML-RPC supports fetching doc strings from the
remote implementation (although that might be a cool idea).

> More generally, how can I find out which code is actually running
> the PyPI server?

See above.