[Catalog-sig] problems with PyPI?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Dec 13 00:36:52 CET 2008

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> I have a *lot* of packages that I maintain, so the bar on the right
>> pushes any other useful content down way off the bottom of my browser.
>>
>> Any chance of this getting fixed?
>
> I wish I knew what "this" is that you want to be fixed.

Generally, 'this' means 'whatever I was just describing', in this case:

 >> I have a *lot* of packages that I maintain, so the bar on the right
 >> pushes any other useful content down way off the bottom of my
 >> browser.

> make a precise problem description to the PyPI bug tracker?

Where's that?

>> PS: Management groups would be good too...
>
> I don't understand that remark. What is a "management group"?

Currently, packages can only be owned by an individual.
This is annoying when a package is maintained by a group of people, as
each person in the group has to manually have *all* the packages added
to their username by someone who already has joint ownership of them.

Launchpad does a pretty good job of this...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk