[Catalog-sig] start on static generation, and caching - apache config.

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Wed Jul 11 21:27:45 CEST 2007

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> That's true. That mission is "The Python Catalog SIG aims at producing a
> master index of Python software and other resources."
>
> I think this still is the mission - be *the* central site for indexing
> Python software. The part "other resources" apparently never was
> considered; it only indexes software now.

There exists ambiguity as to the audience for the index.  Humans are
assumed; I propose that packaging systems need to be on the list as well.

> I should have been more open: I don't
> see that I have time to implement the clashing check that Phillip
> proposed, although I'll see what I can do about the redirect
> on lookup.

Knowing your motivation helps.  I don't think anyone expected you to
jump on the implementation.  It's OK to say that you don't have time to
implement something.  There are other people that can help, and if not
it'll just have to wait.  We have to make sure we distinguish between
desirability and feasibility.
--
Benji York
http://benjiyork.com