[Catalog-sig] start on static generation, and caching - apache config.

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Wed Jul 11 20:41:32 CEST 2007

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> Although it wasn't part of the cheeseshop's original mission, it has
>> become an integral part of distributing Python packages.  If it doesn't
>> want to participate in its new-found utility, other options need to be
>> explored.
>
> It's a software system; it doesn't have a mission.

This SIG has a mission, I was under the impression that the cheeseshop
was developed to forward that mission.  If not, we need to start work on
something that will provide a usable server-side compliment to setuptools.

> I just dislike making unilateral decisions.

Fortunately you don't have to.  We have several people here with varied
experience that have the facilities to communicate their desires and
expertise.
--
Benji York
http://benjiyork.com