[Catalog-sig] start on static generation, and caching - apache config.

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jul 11 07:44:53 CEST 2007

>>> That's also my concern. Nobody else is complaining; AFAICT, there
>>> is just one unhappy user of PyPI.
>> Oh come on, I'm not the only one who has posted messages on this
>> mailing list over the last few weeks reporting problems.
>
> I can assure you that I have had several times troubles with performance. One
> Friday I could not even finish my release, because I could not upload to PyPI
> or test the release since the packages were not downloaded after 5 hours!

I assume you are talking about past here - I can readily believe that
has happened. I think it's fixed now, and it should not happen again
that you have to wait 5 hours to download a file (unless there is
some hardware failure, network outage or the like beyond the control
of the local software).

So yes, I trust that there have been complaints in the past - I
wonder whether there are *still* complaints (beyond the ones
of Jim Fulton).