[Catalog-sig] ip 194.183.146.189 blocked

Jodok Batlogg jodok at lovelysystems.com
Mon Jul 2 23:25:33 CEST 2007

On 02.07.2007, at 23:21, Fred Drake wrote:

> On 7/2/07, Jodok Batlogg <jodok at lovelysystems.com> wrote:
>> is it possible that our outgoing proxy server is beeing blocked by
>> cheeseshop? it's ip address is 194.183.146.189
>> no, it was no attack to cheeseshop :) we're simply running buildout
>> over and over and probably generating some load.
>
> Hey Jodok,
>
> I've taken to only using an internal repository for project buildouts;
> if I need/want a new release from PyPI, I load that into the internal
> repository.  That avoids depending on PyPI being accessible at all
> times, and I can always get what I've used again.  No need to worry
> about someone hiding old releases, or whatever.
>
> It in incurs a little overhead on adding or updating a package used in
> my projects, but avoids depending on a highly-variable service.  An
> internal repository can still have problems, but at least it's easier
> to make changes if needed.

already done after pypi beeing flakey :)
unfortunately now the outgoing ip of this repo is beeing blocked and
it sucks to scp downloaded files :)

thanks fred,

jodok

--
"Errors should never pass silently."
"Unless explicitly silenced."

Jodok Batlogg, Lovely Systems
Schmelzhütterstraße 26a, 6850 Dornbirn, Austria
phone: +43 5572 908060, fax: +43 5572 908060-77