[Catalog-sig] How to get a list of package releases

Michał Kwiatkowski constant.beta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:50:51 CET 2007

[CC-ing this to distutils-sig, because it relates to setuptools as
well, but please keep discussion on the catalog-sig if possible.]

Hi,

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how can I list all versions of a
package that were registered on PyPI? For example, when I go to
http://python.org/pypi/setuptools/ I'm redirected to the page of last
version of setuptools. How can I check earlier versions of setuptools
from there? I know this functionality is available for project admins,
what about users?

Another thing, some packages offer a development versions by giving a
link to their subversion repository. Is there a way to list these
extra install options on PyPI? By "extra options" I mean all
non-standard version strings that will work with `easy_install
package==version`, like common "dev".

Related setuptools question: is there a way to get list of available
versions from easy_install?

Cheers,
mk