[Catalog-sig] permissive trove classification

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 19:22:39 CET 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 7:57 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at hellfly.net> wrote:
> I would want an error, since the resulting
> package would not show up in any categories at all.

But the Trove classifiers are optional now, so I'm not at all sure it
should be turned into an error.  Leaving it as a warning seems
sufficient; someone who sees that the warning was caused by a typo
after all can still go to the web form and edit the set of classifiers
(or maybe re-register after correcting the metadata; I'm not sure if
that'll work).

Or are you proposing that the classifiers become required?  That's
going to cause a lot of packages to require work before new versions
can be released, which doesn't seem good to me.

  -Fred