[Catalog-sig] PyPI and Wiki crawling, and a CDN

Ben Bangert ben at groovie.org
Mon Aug 13 20:23:04 CEST 2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> People have offered hardware (i.e. internet-connected machines).
> What's missing is volunteers to maintain them.

I believe ideally there should be at least 2 machines to handle PyPI,
so that maintenance can be performed without taking PyPI down. I can
volunteer myself right now, and can ask if there's some sysadmin's
willing to volunteer maintenance time on the Pylons and TurboGears
lists, as our frameworks rely rather heavily on PyPI being available.

Are the people offering hardware/hosting still willing?

Cheers,
Ben