[Catalog-sig] PyPI outage

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Aug 4 08:13:41 CEST 2007

> I think mod_cband enabled on the wiki as well as enabling caching with
> mod_cache for moinmoin would help quite a lot.  Or implementing just
> one of caching or bandwidth limiting would help.

I don't think caching will help - the caching surely shouldn't cache
pages with query parameters, and these are the ones that cause the load.

As for mod_cband - I haven't tried it, but I don't think a bandwidth
limit is what I want to specify. I'm rather after a requests rate
(mod_bw has it, but I don't know whether to trust it). AFAICT, mod_cband
does not support limiting the number of requests per time period.