[Catalog-sig] PyPI down

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Wed Aug 1 22:03:14 CEST 2007

Fixed, I think. The problem was actually a screen-scraper searching the wiki
(a third of the last 100k hits on the wiki were from the same host,
requesting every possible link on every possible page.) Someone with more
wiki knowledge may want to make sure no weird pages were made. (The
offending host was somewhere in dynamic.dsl.as9105.com; I have the actual
address but don't want to mail it around.)

On 8/1/07, Benji York <benji at benjiyork.com> wrote:

> As is my sworn duty, I have the sad news to relay that PyPI is down.
>
> I tried both http://pypi.python.org/pypi and
> http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi.
> --
> Benji York