[Catalog-sig] safe_names again

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sat Jul 8 15:11:02 CEST 2006

On Jul 8, 2006, at 9:02 AM, richardjones at optusnet.com.au wrote:

> [sorry for the terrible email quoting / formatting - I'm stuck in
> webmail ATM. I'm also having trouble following the discussion PJE
> and Jim are having - and that's a concern to me because some of the
> stuff I'm reading worries me.]

Don't feel bad, I have trouble following this too. :/

> I have created a branch for this and have begun the slow process of
> working in the setuptools name mangling. It's going to take some
> time since package names are used all over the place and form an
> integral part of the database referential structure.

IMO, no one should be writing code at this point.  I think we should
slow down, decide on and carefully document an API before we do any
more coding. (Where "we" mostly refers to you and Phillip. :)

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org