[Catalog-sig] Pypi egg uploads

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jan 11 02:00:47 CET 2006

At 07:43 PM 1/10/2006 -0500, Charlie Moad wrote:
>We could host them on the sf site, but I am afraid it would be
>terribly slow.  Is there a way to redirect from there.  Will
>setuptools pick up on *.egg hrefs on the matplotlib.sf.net index page?

There are many ways you can do this.  If you host the files using the SF
mirror system, then just set your project's "download URL" on PyPI to

and easy_install will spot the download links.  It'll even handle the SF
mirror redirection stuff.

If you want to host them somewhere else, you can just put links on your
matplotlib.sf.net page, and that will also work.

The complete reference for how EasyInstall reads your project's info in
PyPI (and how to configure your setup script for best results) is at:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#making-your-package-available-for-easyinstall