[Catalog-sig] Table of Python Packages, updated

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Mar 31 00:18:32 CEST 2005

Ed Summers wrote:
> Well, I'm late in catching up with what python eggs actually are.
>
> Now that I know what they are, I like the idea of "eggcrate" a
> lot. I agree keeping it in the python.org domain could serve as a
> subliminal stamp of approval.
>
>     eggcrate.python.org,
>
> or even better (I think):
>
>     eggs.python.org
>
> Only downside is that eggs are fragile and break easily...as opposed to
> gems.

I like the name, but if someone uploads tarballs will it seem out of place?

Of course, while some eggs hatch cute little chicks, people who find
their eggs hatching little pythons are usually not so amused...
http://www.sthlm-herp.net/galleri/galleri_800/pyt_reg_800.html

This guy is kind of cute though...
http://www.vpi.com/5VPIBreeders/GreenTreePython/GreenTreePython.htm

Or we can give a bad-ass feel to the site, eating all our competitors...
http://www.barefootbushman.com/images/water_python_eating_egg.jpg

But when you get down to it Monte Python is a lot less creepy than
actual Pythons.