[Catalog-sig] [Distutils] PyPI upload doesn't support eggs?

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Wed Jun 29 01:15:15 CEST 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 02:05 pm, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> I just tried doing the upload via the web interface, and got the same
> error.  It appears that PyPI doesn't support uploading eggs, which is
> surprising because I could've sworn that the sprinters at PyCon said they
> were putting eggs on the list of allowed filetypes.

Hurm. I recall talking about it. Sorry the code didn't actually make it in!

I'm still trying to find some time to actually work on PyPI, and fixing some
issues with the file upload are on the top of the list - right next to
migrating over to the new hardware and actually *promoting* the thing.

    Richard