[Catalog-sig] Contacting package owner

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Apr 18 22:28:53 CEST 2005

Jeremy Kloth wrote:
> As the authors of 4Suite, we would like to add our most recent release to PyPI
> but cannot do so as we didn't add the original package.  Is there as way to
> contact the PyPI owner?  I've searched the interface but to no avail.

You can guess from the account name of the owner: Google tells you that
"aaronsw" most likely is Aaron Swartz (just ask "aaronsw 4Suite").

In general, no, this is not possible, but probably should be - please
add a feature request to sf.net/projects/pypi.

It might also be sensible to regularly (e.g. once a year) send a
keep-alive message to all registered users; if the message bounces,
we could remove them from PyPI, and if that causes a package
to be without owner, to remove the package as well.