[Catalog-sig] PyPI PKG-INFO submission drops first classifier

Richard Jones richardjones@optushome.com.au
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 08:56:18 +1000

--Boundary-02=_ZycG/FYP+Kfd4fG

On Wed, 7 May 2003 08:54 pm, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> just noticed that the "upload your PKG-INFO file" feature
> on http://www.python.org/pypi?:action=3Dsubmit_form seems
> to drop the first classifier.

Sorry it took me so long to schedule some PyPI time, but I finally fixed th=
is=20
bug on Friday. I also added in some code to cache the RSS feed, as it count=
s=20
for about half of all requests (PyPI is currently serving an average of fou=
r=20
requests a minute). The file locking issue will be somewhat alleviated by=20
this change, and I'm working on optimising the slowest code so that the=20
problem *should* go away for the immediate future.

   Richard

--Boundary-02=_ZycG/FYP+Kfd4fG

--Boundary-02=_ZycG/FYP+Kfd4fG--