[Catalog-sig] New proposal, with PEP

Laura Creighton lac@strakt.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:09:02 +0100

I am interested in cataloging software for the ability to add
metadata; indeed it is only the ability to add metadata that makes
any extra work worthwhile. But I wonder if making the register command
a library function that works with various versions of Python would
not be a better idea.  Then whenever somebody tried to download
something from the web interface on python.org the first thing that
would be checked is 'do you have this library' and if the answer is
no, then it would first install this library for you and then whatever
it is that you came here to get.

The Python Business Forum is very interested in this software, by the
way.  Do you want to test it on the Snake Farm?
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~sfarmer/

Laura Creighton