[Catalog-sig] RFC: pypan - a Python package manager

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:48:14 -0700

Chris Barker wrote:
> David Ascher wrote:
>
> I've always thought that the community as a whole was kind of going
> about this backward. There is a lot of talk, and a fair bit of coding
> about the technology of a Python Module Catalog, but no one actually
> building the catalog.

That doesn't surprise me, if you consider why people do things in this community
-- because they enjoy it.  I'm just as guilty of that as anyone.  I, like most
of the community, like to design, code, and talk, but not really manage.  It
takes a person who likes to manage (with the coddling, arm-twisting, persistence
and rigor that any kind of management implies) to get this job done.  IMO, of
course.

--david