[Catalog-sig] Re: [Distutils] RFC: PEP 243: Module Repository Upload Mechanism

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:02:14 -0700

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 02:38:57PM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>With the pointer to platform.py I just wanted to let you know
>that there is a Python module for these sort of things out there

It doesn't detect LFS though, does it?  I don't see that it does...
It's definitely useful though.

>BTW, I think that information such as the libc version are more
>important than, say, the patch level of the OS. Again, these

OS patch level tends to indicate the set of libraries you have.  Much
easier than having to list *ALL* the libraries on your system which might
impact a binary module.  RPM actually looks at the files to see what
they're linked against, which would be the ultimate...

Sean
--
 Language is the most important .. uh..  I think you know what I'm trying
 to say.  -- Steve Martin