[Catalog-sig] Too much good stuff

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:23:10 +0200

> > Message: 1
> > From: Moshe Zadka <moshez@zadka.site.co.il>
> > I don't know how many people here use Linux, and of those, I don't
> > know how many people use Debian GNU/Linux. Debian, as a distribution
> > has a couple of tools to manage distribution of several thousands
> > packages with complex interdependancy. I suggest, as a strawman,
> > that we outright steal these tools, and use them for managing Python
> > modules.
>
> I like the idea, but I don't think the implementation is universal
> enough.

Huh? Why don't you think that we can port apt-get/dpkg into anything
under the sun? (pun intended). It's just C code.

> I've got Linux desktops (multiple distributions) and HP
> and Solaris servers.

So? Nobody said apt-get/dpkg need to work only on Debian -- you just
need to change the place where they place the status file.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig@zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.