[capi-sig] Help upgrading from an older version

Hrvoje Niksic hniksic at xemacs.org
Tue Oct 1 19:14:05 CEST 2013

Hello!

"david" <d.riseberg at verizon.net> writes:
> I have a game, which uses Python, called Jewel Quest The Sapphire
> Dragon by iWin.com.  I also use a program, which helps me keep my
> programs up to date, called Secunia PSI. It shows the Python 2.7.x is
> out of date. The file location is C:\Program Files(x86)\iwin.com\Jewel
> Quest The Sapphire Dragon\python27.dll and the installed version is
> 2.7.1150.1103. According to my searches, Python is available up to
> vers. 2.7.5.  How do I Update/Upgrade this version of Python to a
> newer version.  When I tried to update previously, it either wanted me
> to install a new program (C:\Python) or replace the game directory.
> What are the proper steps to upgrade the portion of the game I need?

Your question is best suited for the general Python mailing list at
python-list at python.org.  This forum is for questions about development
with the Python's C API.

However, if your Python comes bundled with the game, it is likely not
possible to update the in-game Python without updating the game.  If the
game's developers still offers support, you might want to take up the
question with them.  Otherwise, you should probably just live with the
older Python.