[capi-sig] Tips for developing application using python capi

Francis Bolduc francis.bolduc at cm-labs.com
Wed Nov 21 21:00:37 CET 2012

The CPython API documentation is extensive, but it is geared towards
very simple use-cases. When you do more advanced stuff, you're on your
own.

I usually end-up having to read the CPython code itself to find out
what does what and how things work.

Having a debugger to step in the code is essential. Following the call
graph will give you more understanding than reading any documentation
or examples.

So, my tip is to build CPython yourself and get first-hand experience
working with it's code.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 2:00 PM, nirmoy das <nirmoy.aiemd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>              I developing a application in c but i need python to support
> Cassandra Database. I wrote Few API but felt bit complex while coding
> python C-API.
> Give some tips to  for developing application using python capi.

Francis Bolduc, B.Sc.
CM-Labs Simulation Inc.