[capi-sig] New Here

Craig Citro craigcitro at gmail.com
Mon May 24 19:22:31 CEST 2010

> The tutorial is sparse, like a lot of the documentation for the C interface.
> When I was writing my modules I looked at the source of other modules (some
> in the standard library, some 3rd party) to see how they did the things I
> wanted to do.

Along these same lines, it can also be useful to take some Python
code, run it through Cython [1] or Pyrex [2], and look at the
generated C source code. I'm not trying to say they generate perfect
code -- but I find it's often faster to check out generated source
than it is to find the appropriate entry in the reference manual, or
use it to figure out *where to look* in the reference manual,
especially before you know exactly what you're looking for. ;)

-cc

[1] http://www.cython.org
[2] http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Pyrex/