[capi-sig] How do you create a Python class and its instance using only the Python C/API...

DiRosa, Franco (US SSA) franco.dirosa at baesystems.com
Fri Jul 18 19:54:18 CEST 2008

I've embedded Python into a C++ application under the Windows operating
system.  It uses Python as the scripting language to extend the Windows
Application thus making it more configurable.  Everything works great
but I want the stderr to be redirected to a window I have up in my
windows app.  I noticed by stepping thru the Python code that there is a
case where it looks for a "write" attribute object which if found will
pass the text to (PyFile_WriteObject).  That would work great but I need
to create this object that exposes this "write" attribute from within my
windows application code in C++ thus I need to use the Python C/API to
do it.  Any help on how to basically write a python class with a "write"
function in it using nothing only but the Python C/API would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Franco.