[Canberra-PUG] Topics for next Users Group meeting - Call for speakers

Padarn Wilson padarn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 09:18:21 CEST 2013

Hi all,

The next meeting for the Canberra Python Users Group has been scheduled for
6pm, 2nd of May 2013. I will send out a reminder via the mailing list
closer to the time.

For this meeting the topic will be:

*Statistics using Python* and *Efficient Workflow in Python*

I will give a short talk on my experiences in using Python for statistics.
If anyone would like to give a talk, or has a suggestion for our main
speaker please either reply to the mailing list or to one of the organizers
(me for example) directly.

If people have ideas for other speakers/topics for future meetings then
these are also appreciated. Two possible subjects we've identified are:
*-Consistency and reproducible science using Python
*
*-Directions in high performance numerics using Python *

Paul Leopardi has set up a google+ event here:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c6gab73vrkhd4binea43n5u8rgo
It would be helpful if people RSVP via the event, but it is not at all
essential.

I hope to see you there.
Padarn