[Bundle-sponsorship-wg] PROPOSAL: International PyCon Sponsorship Bundles

Ewa Jodlowska ewa at python.org
Wed Sep 30 22:37:55 CEST 2015

Hi Betsy -

Start out with one bundle for 2016, initially launching it as an invitation
> only pilot program. Include conferences of >1,000 attendees. We can test
> the waters to see what the interest is.

IMO, this pilot trial is very limited and only helps conferences who
already do not need help with sponsorship meanwhile PyCon Ukraine, Python
Namibia, etc do. Even though this process may seem like the goal is to make
it easy for large corporations to sponsor PyCons, I do think that we also
have to add the goal of helping smaller conferences get sponsorships.

How do you foresee this continuing after the pilot phase?

Best regards,

Ewa
Director of Operations
Python Software Foundation