[Borgbackup] Inconsistenses in repository

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Sun May 5 12:21:18 EDT 2024

>> Then you can try "borg check --repair --progress -v REPO".
>> It will try to rescue whatever is still there and bring the repo into a
>> consistent state. It can't do wonders though and won't bring lost or
>> corrupt data back.
>
> Does it make sense to make a copy of the repo before checking ?
> Can I make a copy with a simple file copy (cp -av * ...) ?

If you can't risk losing the repo contents (or in general: making the
situation worse somehonw), yes, making a backup of the repo makes sense.

cp -a or rsync -avH are good ways to copy.

rsync is superior in case something gets interrupted because you can the
just re-issue the same rsync command.

--
GPG Fingerprint: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747  B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393