[Borgbackup] Ignoring files

borgbackup-list at thomas.freit.ag borgbackup-list at thomas.freit.ag
Mon Feb 26 16:43:00 EST 2024

Hi Dan,

On 22.02.24 15:44, Dan Christensen wrote:
>>> /yetanotherpath/Maildir/.INBOX.Operating.backup/dovecot-uidlist.tmp:
>>> stat: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'dovecot-uidlist.tmp'
>>> terminating with warning status, rc 1
>>> Pattern file contains following lines (beside some others):
>>> - re:.*\.lock$
>>> - re:.*\.tmp$

>> Hmm, the regex patterns look correct. Strange.

> Could it be due to other lines in the patterns file?  The order matters,
> right?

Pattern file starts with some global includes and excludes:
# global includes
R /root
R /etc
# global excludes
! /proc
! /sys
! /dev
- /home/*/.cache/
- re:.*\.lock$
- re:.*\.tmp$

Backup directory /home is given on the commandline, there is no include specified after the first exclude in the pattern file.

> It's also probably worth mentioning that borg uses rc 1 for files
> changed and rc 2 for errors, so scripts can differentiate.

I'd like to get warnings to this kind of issue, just not for included files. Thus I'd prefer not to ignore specific non-zero exitcodes.

Regards,
Thomas