[Borgbackup] Ignoring files

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Thu Feb 22 06:42:30 EST 2024

> Output (of a hourly run, impressive: under 5mins for about 2TB of data
> and about 860,000 files!):

Speed is due to the files cache. :-)

> /yetanotherpath/Maildir/.INBOX.Operating.backup/dovecot-uidlist.tmp:
> stat: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'dovecot-uidlist.tmp'
> terminating with warning status, rc 1
>
> Pattern file contains following lines (beside some others):
> - re:.*\.lock$
> - re:.*\.tmp$

Hmm, the regex patterns look correct. Strange.

Maybe file a bug and include a minimal(!) script that reproduces the
problem. Also include the borg version.

> Unforturnately using a
> filesystem with snapshot capabilities (and taking a snapshot to backup
> from a stable source) is not an option for most of the systems I backup.

Pity. Because the main problem of course is that the inbox is locked for
a reason (activity in the mail files) and you could end up backing up an
inconsistent state of the files in the worst case.

--

GPG Fingerprint: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747  B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393
Encrypted E-Mail is preferred / Verschluesselte E-Mail wird bevorzugt.