[Borgbackup] No extended attributes from a backup sshfs mount [SOLVED]

Bzzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Mon Dec 4 11:56:02 EST 2023

On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 17:39:50 +0100
Thomas Waldmann <tw at waldmann-edv.de> wrote:

> >> Does it work if you use borg extract instead of copying from a
> >> borgfs mount?
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > ZE problem is, I never used it, so I read the doc but it is missing
> > extensive examples :/
>
> Use borg list (and maybe grep) to get the precise filename/path you
> want to extract:
>
> borg list myrepo::myarchive | grep passwd

Oh, I totally missed that 'list' could go down a level :/

> Assuming it outputs this:
>
> etc/passwd
>
> Then you would do:
>
> mkdir temp ; cd temp
>
> borg extract myrepo::myarchive etc/passwd

Very easy indeed, once you know how to do it - everything's alright as:
lsattr etc/passwd  shows that the 'i' extended attribute is present :)

I tagged your answer and also put it in my notes, so I won't forget the
right way to restore a file.

Thanks a lot Thomas.

Jean-Yves