[Borgbackup] (too) many modified files

Boris Kirkorowicz bkborg at kirk.de
Wed Jun 14 03:17:44 EDT 2023

Hi,

Am 14.06.23 um 08:40 schrieb AM-Soft – Thorsten Schöning:
> Boris Kirkorowicz <bkborg at kirk.de> wrote at Mittwoch, 14. Juni 2023 07:55:
>
>> But I found more than 600k files marked "M". Does that mean that these
>> files are identified as modified and added to the repo as well?
>> If so, this must be an error, since (almost?) all of them weren't
>> touched for years. If all these files were processed, it would explain
>> the (needless) long backup duration.
>
> The following might be of interest, as you had multiple different backup sets in the
> past if I remember correctly.
>
> https://borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/stable/faq.html#it-always-chunks-all-my-files-even-unchanged-ones

Thx.
I already set
BORG_FILES_CACHE_TTL=104

top shows the memory consumption of about 7,5% per borg process. There
are up to 11 borg processes running simultaneously (some of them for 15
minutes, others for many hours).

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß                                 Best regards
                                  Kirkorowicz