[Borgbackup] Crontab

Ralf Fechner info at rfechner.de
Thu Jun 1 06:52:52 EDT 2023

> Am 31.05.2023 um 19:07 schrieb AM-Soft – Thorsten Schöning <TSchoening at am-soft.de>:
>
> Ralf Fechner via Borgbackup <borgbackup at python.org> wrote at Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2023 17:12:
>
>> Now I have created a new SSH key to access the server. I no longer have this Key in
>> the .ssh directory, but I load this key into the ssh agend using KeepassXC.
>> Unfortunately the script is no longer executed correctly via the configured crontab,
>> here it always says, Remote: Permission denied, please try again.
>
> ".ssh directory" and "crontab" don't tell too much, you need to tell/check under which
> user the script is executed in the end. ".ssh" might have been properly available for
> that user in the past, but SSH agent might run for a different user. Additionally,
> SSH in your setup needs ot be told to use the agent actually, so it might make sense to
> provide your uses SSH arguments or configs.
>
> https://smallstep.com/blog/ssh-agent-explained/

The script is executed under my user. The SSH agent is also running under my user. With ssh-add -l I can also see that the key is loaded correctly from KeepassXC to the agent. If I start the Borg script manually in the terminal as mentioned, it is also executed correctly. Only if the script is started via a crontab, the connection is rejected.