[Borgbackup] first backup of large amounts

Boris Kirkorowicz bkborg at kirk.de
Thu Jan 26 09:34:25 EST 2023

Hello,
I want to backup a somewhat larger amount of data, approximately 35 TB.
My first tries let me assume that 70 GB need about 1 hour to backup.
These 35 TB would take about 2~3 weeks in the given environment. That
means that the server would not be available during an unacceptable long
time. So I wonder if it would be possible to split the backup into
pieces of max. 400 GB (~ 6 hours) while getting a single repository at
the end.

What would be the best way to begin the backup?

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß                                 Best regards
                                  Kirkorowicz