[Borgbackup] pip install failed

Bzzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Sun Sep 11 16:42:40 EDT 2022

On Sun, 11 Sep 2022 22:19:06 +0200
Boris Kirkorowicz <bkborg at kirk.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Am 11.09.22 um 19:34 schrieb Bzzzz:
> > Sooo, RTFM!
>
> I feel unblamable, since I only looked for installation, and the
> instruction I found was
> → download
> → pip install pkgconfig
> → pip install "borgbackup==1.2.2"

Unblamable, but you obviously do not know how pip is working…
There are numerous excellent articles about borgbackup, python3, pip,
etc on the net.

> That's all. I did not guess that this meant a complete build process.
> If I would, I never had tried.

There's nothing to be afraid of, just to read the borgbackup doc and
some others too.

Linux is not windows, if you don't involve yourself into it, you'll
mostly fail at one moment or another, the later the worse ; it's
philosophy is to first document yourself, now would be a good moment to
do so…

> So please excuse, I'll give up.

There's something weird as almost each and every distro have
borgbackup available as a package.

Jean-Yves