[Borgbackup] Local Exception

Boris Kirkorowicz bkborg at kirk.de
Tue Jul 19 02:02:03 EDT 2022

Hello,

Am 18.07.22 um 08:11 schrieb Thorsten Schöning:
> Guten Tag Boris Kirkorowicz,
> am Sonntag, 17. Juli 2022 um 21:14 schrieben Sie:
>
>> does borg use these features for the files the repos consist of, or does
>> it just effect the files that er stored in these repo files?
>
> AFAIK ACLs, XATRRs, INODEs etc. only refer to the files being backed
> up, those things might not be properly handled by SSHFS. Additionally,
> SSHFS is unmaintained right now:

as long as the backup source files are not transferred via sshfs (only
the repo files are) that should not be relevant. Or did I get something
wrong?

>> This is the last release from the current maintainer. SSHFS is now
>> no longer maintained or developed.[...]
>
> https://github.com/libfuse/sshfs/releases
>
> Therefore, with your use-case in mind, it might make sense to
> reconsider using SSHFS at all. Things can easily be replaced by
> installing and using BORG in serve mode at the one host you considered
> consuming using SSHFS. Some hosters like HETZNER provide a similar
> setup.

The planned target is an existing NAS device. As far as I can see, there
is no borg for this platform, but ssh and sshfs works.

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß                                 Best regards
                                 Kirkorowicz