[Borgbackup] failed to build

Bzzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Mon Jul 18 06:57:03 EDT 2022

On Mon, 18 Jul 2022 12:43:40 +0200
Thomas Waldmann <tw at waldmann-edv.de> wrote:

> > I uninstalled 1.1.18 to replace it with 1.2.1, checked all
> > dependencies were installed, but pip3 is failing and I don't
> > know why.
> >
> > As it is a long output it is attached as a text file.
>
> Never seen that kind and amount of warnings relating to
> borg.algorithms content.

Me neither, I had some errors in the past but nothing close to that.

> But the error is close to the end of the log:
>
> error: unknown file type '.pyx' (from 'src/borg/crypto/low_level.pyx')
>
> This is a bit unusual also, because the corresponding .c file should
> be used for a borg release version (so a C compiler is sufficient)
> and thus the .pyx should not be needed to get processed at all (which
> requires to have Cython installed).

That's what I thought, but the problem is :
ii  cython3        0.29.21-3+b1 amd64        C-Extensions for Python 3

Cython's installed (and to make sure there was no glitch, I reinstalled
it)

As far as I remember, nothing about Python3 was touched or tweaked since
way before BB version 1.1.18.

I also need to be able to make a backup ASAP following big changes in a
appli of mine.

Jean-Yves