[Borgbackup] init repo using keyfile

Vaughan Wickham vw at zen.net.au
Sun Jul 3 00:28:47 EDT 2022

Hello,

I'm trying to init a repository using the keyfile option.

My understanding is that the syntax for the command is:
sudo borg init --encryption=keyfile /path to repo

However, when I try this, I am getting the following response:
borg init: error: the following arguments are required: -e/--encryption

I've had a look at the detailed help for init, and unfortunately I don't find the info helpful.

Would appreciate clarification on what I am doing wrong here.

Thank you

Regards,
Vaughan