[Borgbackup] Remote backups via ssh - OpenSSL version mismatch

Jonas Olson jolson at kth.se
Fri Jul 2 15:54:31 EDT 2021

On 2021-06-28 05:05, Cherio wrote:
> At some point (I can pinpoint exactly when) borg stopped working with
> remote targets via ssh. The requests don't even seem to be leaving the
> machine that starts the backup and halts with a message "Remote:
> OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 1010106f, you have 101000cf".
> The request doesn't seem to be even reaching the remote backup machine.

It looks like [0] this is a message from SSH and that the version
mismatch exists between SSH and OpenSSL. Can you reproduce the error
using SSH (without Borg), or maybe reinstall as suggested in the link?

Jonas Olson

[0]
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24096069/openssl-version-mismatch-built-against-1000105f-you-have-10001080>