[Borgbackup] borg adds same files every time

Catalin Bucur cata at geniusnet.ro
Fri Jan 22 13:18:43 EST 2021

On 22/01/2021 19:56, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> For change detection, borg does NOT use the atime (but ctime [default
> in borg 1.1+] or mtime [if you tell so]).

You're right, I forgot that the atime option has been removed from
newest version of borg. This means that adding a new file solved the
situation:
https://borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/stable/faq.html#i-am-seeing-a-added-status-for-an-unchanged-file

"If you want to avoid unnecessary chunking, just create or touch a small
or empty file in your backup source file set [...]"

Catalin Bucur