[Borgbackup] Excludes are ignored

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Wed Dec 16 12:29:27 EST 2020

I've tested some more. And the result is that borg includes files in the
backup that are not included in the --list option.

When I do this:

> borg create --list --dry-run $REPOSITORY /home/me --exclude '/home/me/BufrReader/archive' 2>&1 |less

Then no files within /home/me/BufrReader/archive/ appear in the list.
But when I do this:

> borg create -v --stats --progress $REPOSITORY /home/me --exclude '/home/me/BufrReader/archive'

Then I see all those files showing up. And that's many of them
(thousands). Is there any difference between lists/dry-run and the real
operation?

-Yves