[Borgbackup] extract produced wrong uid/gid

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Sat Aug 1 11:09:23 EDT 2020

> i use the borg-pull method described here for backups
> https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/issues/900

Referring to a closed ticket with a longish discussion is not the best
way to describe what you did.

The method described there was added to our docs, read that, check if
that is what you did and if there is an issue although you followed it
completely, file a ticket on github:

https://borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/stable/deployment/pull-backup.html

> after a little examination i saw that the bad uid/gid matched the
> uid/gid of the server do'n the pull'n
> is the pull method responsible for the screwup

That docs specifically refers to that issue and describes how to avoid it.

If you are unsure, try it again, following closely the steps in the docs.

--

GPG ID: 9F88FB52FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393