[Borgbackup] Mounted archives only have "r-x" permission for a given uid, how to change this?

Advrk Aplmrkt avkaplmkt at gmail.com
Sun May 17 13:17:51 EDT 2020

Hello,

I am using the `borg mount` command to mount a borg archive on my
local filesystem. I noticed that the contents of the mounted archive
have the "r-x" permission (read and execute) for the original uid that
they were backed up from.

However, I am now mounting this archive on a separate system under a
user with a different uid, and I can't see or access anything inside
the mounted archive.

When I created the archive, I used the `--umask 0000` option thinking
this will preserve the permissions for other users to see inside it,
but looks like that didn't help. I also tried `--umask 0000` when
mounting the archive but still the mounted contents don't allow any
other uid besides the original one to see inside it.

So, was it something I did wrong when creating the archive or is this
an issue when mounting it? Thanks!