[Borgbackup] Borg filling local disk completely during backup

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Sat May 16 09:39:18 EDT 2020

> Looking at the drive, I found ~50 GB files in /root/.cache/borg/xxx/chunks.archive.d. (yes, borg runs as root)

This is documented, search the docs for chunks.archive.dir and the misc.
BORG_*_DIR settings.

You can:
- have the cache at the default location (as now)
- have the cache at another location (BORG_CACHE_DIR)
- not have the cache (create file of same name as chunks.archive.d -
will be slower.

Also, you can "borg prune" to have less backups. The more backups you
keep, the bigger that directory might get.

--

GPG ID: 9F88FB52FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393