[Borgbackup] CPU/time use of Borg

MRob mrobti at insiberia.net
Tue May 5 17:33:06 EDT 2020

>> Another question: after for example a year of backup does it require
>> alot more CPU/RAM to compute chunk deltas?
>
> cpu/time will generally be proportional to the number of chunks you
> have in
> total (it may vary from operation to operation)

My simple test over local network took alittle over 2min/Gb on 1st
backup. Its ok if only 1st time. But 2nd time was still over 1min/Gb and
3rd backup very close to 2min/Gb again. (its for busy production server)

I like borg, but if it wont ever get faster maybe I can't use borg :(
Is borg only for fast & non-busy hardware?

(see other thread, asking way for offload operations from client to
backup server)