[Borgbackup] Complete download of archive fails - mostly

Gerrit A. Smit :: AT gait at atcomputing.nl
Wed Apr 29 14:53:50 EDT 2020

Hello,

I am using rsync.net as a provider of disk-space (very cheap as no
ZFS-snapshots are needed).

After uploading the first 10 archives it was about time to test things the
other way around,
so I did a borg extract ... --dry-run ...

Only to see that at about 10% of the work it stopped working.
SSH-server closed connection.
This was from a Google Compute host.

When I did the same thing from home, with a very poor internet connection,
it took several hours, but eventually all was OK.

I did try using the pv-wrapper-script, which helped only a bit (at most
60%).

What could be wrong 'in the cloud'?

rsync.net support just told me they drastically enlarged my quota, but I
fail to see how that could help: outside of my host, the internet should
only see compressed/encrypted/deduplicated contents, right?

--
AT COMPUTING BV
Beheer Technische Infrastructuur

Gerrit A. Smit