[Borgbackup] Some tests fail with Python 3.8

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Sun Apr 26 07:31:34 EDT 2020

Am 26.04.20 um 13:21 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
> our openSUSE Factory builds are failing since switching to 3.8 (I guess).
> It might be related to some other library update.

In general Python 3.8 should be fine. The test suite passes for us in Fedora
32 (which uses 3.8 as well) and even Python 3.9 (Fedora 33) works (IIRC).

Latest Fedora builds for borgbackup 1.1.11:

Fedora 33:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1475335

Fedora 32:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1475336

If you are looking for exact library versions used in Fedora maybe Koschei
could help:
https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/package/borgbackup?collection=f32

Felix