[Borgbackup] borg list -- list only files matching a pattern - two questions [SOLVED]

Thomas Gries mail at tgries.de
Sun Apr 12 08:13:01 EDT 2020

For example, have you tried the following possibility according to the
documentation?
> borg list repo::archive "re:music"

Okay, that worked. indeed.

The reason why it did not work (for me) is that I understood from your
documentation that "pattern" can only be an argument after "--pattern"
or "--exclude",
But this appeared to be a wrong view, as I now learnt.

I will make - later - a reasoned pull request to add such an example to
the documentation.

Another aspect:
The entry "pattern" should also get an distinct entry in the
documentation so that it can be found when searching for it.
Currently it cannot be found quickly when you do not know where to look
it up.

*_Issue solved._*