[Borgbackup] borg list -- list only files matching a pattern - two questions

Thomas Gries mail at tgries.de
Sat Apr 11 17:30:56 EDT 2020

https://borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/stable/usage/list.html says:

    borg [common options] list [options] [REPOSITORY_OR_ARCHIVE] [PATH...]
    ...PATH     paths to list;_/*patterns are supported (*)*/_

  * Problem:
    I want to list all files/paths in my repo::archive with a certain
    string example: "_/*music*/_" in the path.

This command does not give any result:

  * borg list repo::archive *music*

And this command does not limit as wanted:

  * borg list --pattern="+*music*" repo::archive

So at the moment I only see a chance to list all files and to pipe them
to a grep like in:

  * borg list repo::archive | grep -i music

Question 1:
What is the correct "borg list" command to list only files matching a
certain expression?

Question 2:
What exactly do you mean by "patterns are supported" in your help text (*) ?