[Borgbackup] Error, "Transport endpoint is not connected"

Joseph Hesse joehesse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 23:06:54 EDT 2020

Hi,

My old computer crashed and I bought a new one.  My backups were to an
external drive and were always my home directory excluding the .dot
files.  I did the following.

I fusemounted my last backup and copied it (cp -a -r) to my home directory.

I got the following error - "Transport endpoint is not connected."

I did a repository check and got lots of errors - sorry I panicked and
don't recall the error messages, this is my only backup.

I did a repository check again and there were no errors.

I tried again to copy the fusemounted backup to my home directory.  The
following are the errors.

$ cp -a -r * ~
cp: error reading 'DocsPersonal/EvolutionAndIngridBackup/ingrid.tar.gz':
Software caused connection abort
cp: ‘DocsPersonal/EvolutionAndIngridBackup’: Transport endpoint is not
connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/Friends': Transport endpoint is not connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/GeneralDocs': Transport endpoint is not
connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/OldCalendars': Transport endpoint is not
connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/OldLetter': Transport endpoint is not
connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/Passport': Transport endpoint is not connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/Polygraph': Transport endpoint is not
connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/RedHat': Transport endpoint is not connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/Resume': Transport endpoint is not connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/TechnicalColleges': Transport endpoint is
not connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/TextFiles': Transport endpoint is not
connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/Miscellaneous1': Transport endpoint is not
connected
cp: cannot stat 'DocsPersonal/Miscellaneous2': Transport endpoint is not
connected

+ 20 more lines

Before my old computer crashed I did a repository check and got no errors.

Is there a way I can do a complete restore?

Thank you,

Joe